Brown Rava (Semolina) Cake 0
Brown Rava (Semolina) Cake
Earthon’s Brown Semolina – 1 + ¼ cup
Earthon’s maida (plain refined flour) – ¼ cup
Earthon’s Sugar – ¾ cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Earthon’s Sunflower Oil – 1/4th cup
Yogurt – ½ cup
Milk – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Line a 7-inch square pan or a loaf pan and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the semolina, flour, sugar, oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla essence and mix well. Cover and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- After 30 minutes, add the baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk it well and pour it in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before slicing.
Ragi Laddoos (Finger Millet Bliss Balls) 1
Here's what you need:
1 cup Organic finger millet flour
1 cup Organic seedless dates
1 cup Organic mixed nuts (pistachios, almonds and cashew)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp Organic ghee or organic extra virgin coconut oil for vegans
1. Toast the nuts in a pan and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, coarsely ground it.
2. Take a deep vessel put the dates and very little water, just about covering the dates and put it on gas on high heat for 1 min and the simmer for another 5 to 7 mins with the lid on.
The dates will absorb the water and become mushy.
Switch off the gas and let it cool a little and then blend it all in a blender without straining the water.
3. In the meanwhile roast the flour in heavy bottom pan with ghee or coconut oil till a nice nutty flavour fills your room.
4. Now mix the flour, date paste, coarsely grounded nuts and desiccated coconut all together with your hands and make them into balls.
Put 1 tbsp milk if you are not able to make balls.
Store them in a airtight container.