Ragi and Amaranth flour laddoos 0
- 1 cup Organic Amaranth flour
- 1 cup Organic Ragi Flour (Finger millet)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp desi ghee or extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup Jaggery powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Handful of Organic Cashews and Almonds.
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Take a heavy bottom pan and dry roast the Amaranth and Ragi flour together for around 6 to 8 minutes on a low flame.
- Add the ghee or oil while continuing to stir and roast for another 5 to 7 minutes or until it changes colour and becomes aromatic.
- Switch off the flame, transfer it to a mixing bowl and let it cool.
- Roast the nuts and coarsely grind it and keep it for later.
- In the same heavy bottom pan melt the jaggery in water and let it boil for 2 mins and let it cool until warm to touch.
- Now add all the dry ingredients to the flour and mix well.
- Add the Jaggery liquid to the flour mix combine everything together.
- Take a portion of the mixture and shape into laddoos.
Ragi Laddoos (Finger Millet Bliss Balls) 1
Here's what you need:
1 cup Organic finger millet flour
1 cup Organic seedless dates
1 cup Organic mixed nuts (pistachios, almonds and cashew)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tbsp Organic ghee or organic extra virgin coconut oil for vegans
1. Toast the nuts in a pan and keep aside to cool. Once cooled, coarsely ground it.
2. Take a deep vessel put the dates and very little water, just about covering the dates and put it on gas on high heat for 1 min and the simmer for another 5 to 7 mins with the lid on.
The dates will absorb the water and become mushy.
Switch off the gas and let it cool a little and then blend it all in a blender without straining the water.
3. In the meanwhile roast the flour in heavy bottom pan with ghee or coconut oil till a nice nutty flavour fills your room.
4. Now mix the flour, date paste, coarsely grounded nuts and desiccated coconut all together with your hands and make them into balls.
Put 1 tbsp milk if you are not able to make balls.
Store them in a airtight container.