Brown Rava (Semolina) Cake 0
Brown Rava (Semolina) Cake
Earthon’s Brown Semolina – 1 + ¼ cup
Earthon’s maida (plain refined flour) – ¼ cup
Earthon’s Sugar – ¾ cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Baking Soda – ½ tsp
Earthon’s Sunflower Oil – 1/4th cup
Yogurt – ½ cup
Milk – ¾ cup
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Line a 7-inch square pan or a loaf pan and keep aside.
- In a bowl, add the semolina, flour, sugar, oil, yogurt, milk and vanilla essence and mix well. Cover and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- After 30 minutes, add the baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk it well and pour it in the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it cool before slicing.
Poha (Flattened Rice) Savoury Recipe 0
Serves 3 to 4
1.5 cups poha - red or white beaten rice or flattened rice
1 large onion, finely chopped
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
10-12 curry leaves
1 or 1.5 tbsp oil
salt as required
2 tsp lemon juice
Handful of Fresh grated coconut (for garnishing)
Little chopped coriander (for garnishing)
1. When making poha first rinse them well in a strainer or a colander and soak them for about 5 mins till the grain is soft enough. They should loose their crunchiness and when you break them between your finger, they should easily get crushed or mashed.
2. Now add lemon juice, salt and turmeric powder to the poha and gently mix and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Crackle the mustard seeds.
5. Then add onions and saute them till they become translucent.
6. Add curry leaves
7. Saute for half a minute.
8. Cover and steam the poha for 2-3 minutes on a low flame.
9. When cooking check after 1 or 1.5 minutes and give a stir again.
10. Switch off the fire and let the poha remain covered for 1-2 minutes.
11. Remove the lid and garnish it with coriander leaves and fresh grated coconut.
12. Serve hot with a steaming cup of tea.
Organic Healthy Chocolate 0
Which kid does not like chocolate? Yeah actually chocolates are kids weakness and for me a way to bribe them to get things done.
Most store bought chocolate brands contain sugar or high fructose corn syrup and use soy lecithin as an emulsifier. Just reading the ingredients make my tummy hurt!
The ingredients used here are all easily available and are superfoods like Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil which is rich in fat burning MCFA (medium chain fatty acids) and lauric acid. Its actually good for heart!
Organic Raw Cacao powder is purest form of chocolate you can ever consume, which means its raw and less processed than Cocoa powder. Its high in magnesium, phosphorous and iron and also super rich in antioxidants. Its also a very good source of fibre.
Organic raw honey is the most original sweet liquid that honeybees produce from the concentrated nectar of flowers that is unheated, unpasteurized, and unprocessed. It is an instant energy-building food containing all the essential minerals necessary for life, all of the B complex group, amino acids, enzymes, and other vital factor.
The recipe below is the basic chocolate recipe. You can add nuts, dried fruits or anything you like to suit your palate.
These are just melt in the mouth drops of heaven... And too easy to make so be aware, you are gonna get addicted to eat.
1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup organic raw cacao powder
3 tbsp organic raw honey
1 pinch of sea salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well until smooth.
Pour into silicon chocolate moulds and put in the freezer for about an hour.
Keep it refrigerated!
Butter Chicken 0
Serving size: 4
500 gms boneless chicken cubed
2 tbsp greek yogurt
1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1/4 tsp tumeric
2 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp ginger paste
Salt to taste
4 tbsp tomato paste
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp Earthon's Butterchicken Spice Blend
3 tbsp cream
1. Marinate the chicken overnight or for atleast 3 hrs.
2. In 1 tbsp of butter Grill or sauté the marinated chicken pieces until 3/4th done and keep it aside.
3. Melt the remaining butter in a deep bottom vessel. Add Earthon's Butterchicken spice blend and stir for half a minute until fragrant.
4. Add the tomato paste and simmer for another 3 minutes stirring continuously till the fat starts to separate on the sides.
5. Add the grilled chicken to the tomato paste and cover and simmer it till the chicken pieces are tender. (You can add little water to adjust the consistency)
6. Add cream and give it a good stir and let it simmer it for a minute and switch off the gas.
7. Garnish it with some more cream and fresh coriander and serve hot with rice or naan.