Ganesha Naivedyam Kit
Now 11 Organic Items
Only in Rs. 1200
Free Delivery All Over Mumbai
Make Your Naivedya with Pure Ingredients
Ukadiche Modak Recipe
- To make Modak stuffing heat 1 tsp ghee in a heavy bottom vessel. Add 1/2 cup jaggery powder & let it melt. Add 1/2 tsp cardamom, 1/4th tsp nutmeg & 1 cup freshly grated coconut. Mix well and keep it aside to cool down.
- To make the dough pour 1/2 cup water, 1/2 tsp salt & 1 tsp ghee into a heavy bottomed pot & bring to a boil. Add the 1 cup flour & Mix well. Turn off the gas & keep it covered for 5mins.
- Place it on a large plate & begin kneading while it’s still warm. Make tennis ball-sized dough balls, cover them with a damp cloth from drying out.
- Make a dent in the centre with your wet fingers. To make a pleat, pinch the edge with your index and thumb. Now put the stuffing using a spoon. Close the pleats together to form a bundle. Pinch the top to make it pointed.
- Place turmeric leaves or banana leaves in the steamer vessel. Lightly grease it. Place the Modaks on the leaves & steam them for 15 mins untill they turn glossy. Drizzle some ghee and serve it warm.
Puran Poli Recipe
- Rinse 1 cup chana dal thoroughly & soak it in enough water for 6 to 8hrs.
- Pressure Cook the dal in 3 cups of water for 8 to 10 whistles, or until extra soft. Allow to cool before straining out the excess water from the dal.
- Mash the chana dal & pass through the sieve or you can use (puran yantra) to get a smooth consistency. In a heavy bottom pan, combine the mashed dal, 1 cup jaggery, ¼ tsp cardamom, & ¼ tsp nutmeg powder and simmer until it become dry.
- To make dough, combine 2 cup wheat flour, ½ cup maida, & ¼ tsp salt in a large bowl. Add a little water at a time & knead until it become very soft.
- Grease the dough generously with oil & keep it aside for 30 mins covered with a damp cloth.
- Make a tennis-sized smooth ball of the dough. With a rolling pin, flatten the dough slightly and fill the puran ball covered inside the dough.
- Let is cook on the pan from both the sides until little brown spots appear. Serve hot drizzled ghee
Varan Bhaat Recipe
- To make steamed rice rinse 1 cup rice well and soak it in water for about 10 to 15 mins.
- Add the rice along with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker for 3 whistles.
- Open the pressure cooker once it’s cooled down and pressure is released.
- To make dal, take ½ cup Toor dal wash and soak it for 10 mins.
- Add it to a pressure cooker along with 2 cup water, ¼ tsp turmeric & ½ tsp jaggery powder. Pressure cook the dal for 3 to 4 whistles on medium flame.
- Let it cool down a little, remove the dal out,mash it a little bit and keep it aside.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan heat 2 tbs oil or ghee.Add the ½ tsp mustard, ½ tsp cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add 1 pinch hing, 1 or 2 slit green chillies, 5-6 curry leaves.
- Add the mashed up dal and salt to taste and let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Garnish it fresh coriander leaves and serve with hot steamed rice and spoonful of ghee.