Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know about coupons and special promotions.
Welcome to Earthon Products Pvt Ltd!
Coriander(Dhania) is an important spice crop having a prime position in flavouring food. The plant is a thin stemmed, small, bushy herb, 25 to 50 cm in height with many branches and umbels. Leaves are alternate, compound. The whole plant has a pleasant aroma. Inflorescence is a compound umbel comprises 5 smaller umbels. Fruit is globular, 3 to 4 mm diameter, when pressed break into two locules each having one seed. Fruit has delicate fragrance; seeds are pale white to light brown in colour.
The young plant is used for flavouring and garnishing curries and soups.
The fruits (seeds) are widely used as condiments with or without roasting in the preparation of curry powders, sausages and seasonings.
It is an important ingredient in the manufacture of food flavourings, in bakery products, meat products, soda & syrups, puddings, candy preserves and liquors. In medicines it is used as a carminative, refrigerant, diuretic, and aphrodisiac.
In household medicines, it is used against seasonal fever, stomach disorders, and nausea. Coriander oil and oleoresins are primarily used in seasonings for sausages and other meat products.
Health Benefits of Coriander Seeds
- Dried and roasted coriander seeds act as a spice. They are a great source of good cholesterol (HDL) and reduce bad cholesterol from the body due to the presence of linoleic acid, ascorbic acid, steric acid and palmitic acid. Coriander seeds also support proper secretion of hormones and prevent menstrual disorder. For best results, coriander seeds must be soaked overnight in water and then consumed. The oil extracted from coriander acts as an excellent antiseptic and thus it is very helpful in curing mouth ulcers.
- Coriander is effective in fighting cold.
- Coriander is a strong provider of Vitamin K and a good source of potassium and calcium.
- Coriander prevents involuntary contraction of muscles.
- Coriander aids in proper functioning of liver and helps prevent cancer and epileptic seizures.
For any inquiry please reach us at:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +91 22 6550 0443
We will make every possible attempt to get back to you as soon as we can.